50 Cent Suing New York City After NYPD Commanding Officer Threatens To Kill Him

50 Cent Suing New York City After NYPD Commanding Officer Threatens To Kill Him

50 Cent and his team are shocked, and dismay after an NYPD Commanding officer threatened his life.

The G-Unit rapper unleashed a tirade on Instagram on Tuesday after new reports claimed that commanding officer Emmanuel Gonzalez who told his subordinates to shoot the rapper on sight. The news reportedly sends chills and shock waves throughout 50 Cent‘s camp, and sources are now saying that the rap mogul not only fears for his safety but also the safety of his family members including his son.

Multiple reports confirmed that Gonzalez made the remarks to his fellow officers just before attending a charity boxing event in the Bronx. 50 Cent was rumored to be in attendance at the charity event, and those officers became fearful that the rapper could be killed.

In a post on his Instagram page, 50 Cent says he is considering suing the city of New York because he is afraid for his life. “I’m afraid for my life, I haven’t been able to sleep since I heard of this,” he wrote. “The cops never notified me of the threat. I’m closing all my business in New York. I may have to sue the city.”

50 Cent calls Emanuel Gonzalez a gangster with a badge and a gun. In his lengthy rant on Instagram, the rapper/businessman says he is considering all legal avenues to get justice and possibly have the commanding officer removed from his post.

A rep for 50, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, told TMZ that the rapper takes the threats very seriously. “Mr. Jackson takes this threat very seriously and is consulting with his legal counsel regarding his options going forward,” Fifty’s rep said. “He is concerned that he was not previously advised of this threat by the NYPD and even more concerned that Gonzalez continues to carry a badge and a gun.”

Skip to toolbar